Getting ready to hit the road with your pets on vacation?
As you prepare to travel with your pets, take the time to do the following:
- Make sure your pet is microchipped and that the microchip has been registered with your correct contact information!
- If your pet came with a microchip, call the microchip company and confirm that your name, address and contact information is on file! If not, update the info!
- Make sure your pet has ID tags on at all times and that they are securely attached to the collar.
- Check to make sure your pet’s collar is not too loose. If spooked, your pet could easily back out of the collar.
- Avoid using a retractable leash when in new environments. Your pet will be unfamiliar with the area and could react unexpectedly, causing your pet to become easily frightened.