When a pet becomes lost, the search is on. But it is hard to determine, which way did he or she go? Pets do not wander via sidewalks and roadways at all times. They find shortcuts.
- Include the date, time and location where the pet was seen along with a description. This information can help those searching to rule out false sightings from valid sightings. Sightings help individuals find lost pets!
- Snap a photo or video if you can! Videos often work best!
- Do not assume the animal is a stray! Often times, it is someone’s beloved, lost furry family member!
- Remember, it doesn’t take long for a pet to look bedraggled. Lack of food, anxiety, stress, nervousness, cruelty or injury can lead to a poor state of affairs.
- Do not chase the pet. If you feel comfortable to approach the pet, try laying down or sitting down. Use a soft, gentle voice . If you have pet friendly food/snacks (White Castle works great!), use it to your advan
- If you can, coax the pet to come to you, secure it, and contact animal control or take the pet to the closest animal control facility or shelter.
- YOU can provide hope to a family who is desperately searching for their beloved pet.