Let’s face it, animals are movers and shakers. They have places to go, people to see. Naturally when we try to snap a photo, they often want to keep things moving. If you have found a pet and are having a difficult time to capture a still photo, here are some tips from Missouri Lost & Found Paws.
Try using video for found animals who won’t sit still, or animals you see wandering the area. Video is a less intimidating to animals. Zoom in/off while capturing video.
- After you have captured the video, play the video on your phone.
- Look for the moment where the visibility is clear and focused.
- Play the video again.
- Have your fingers poised to take a screenshot on your phone. Snap the screenshot.
- Crop the screenshot as needed.
- Use the cropped photo for postings!
These tips also work well to snap a photo of your own pet. It always good to have a current photo accessible should an emergency arise.